Monday, April 22, 2013

Busy as a Bee

I have been such a bad blogger of late.  I write blog posts in my head all the time, but actually posting them is hard. I think that's because I don't like to have a post without a picture and for some reason (maybe the grey, grey winter weather which still lingers here?), I have had no inclination to take pictures.

Steven posted about Eskimimi's Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, and I decided being forced encouraged to post daily might get me back into the groove.

Eskimimi is providing prompts for each day, and today's is to assign ourselves to a Hogwarts-style house.  It took me about 3 seconds to choose.

From the Houses of Bee, Manatee, Monkey, and Peacock, I am definitely a Bee.   Bees are described thusly:

Bees are busy and industrious, but can flit from one interesting project to the next as bright and shiny things capture their interest.

Ah, yes.  I do have a short attention span, and always have multiple projects on the needles.  I also have a tendency to abandon projects, although I will frequently pick them up later.

For example, last time I blogged, I asked about advice on what to knit out of my MadTosh Vintage.  I wanted to knit a worsted-weight shawl, with lace or some sort of interest.  I got several suggestions, but instead -- the new Knitty came out, and I started a pair of socks (one done, although I've knit twice).  I also went back to my Whispering Pines shawl, which has been languishing for well over two years!  So, yes, "bright and shiny things" to capture  my interest!


Steven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven said...

[Screwed up my previous comment!]

Knitty can be so distracting. I would have sorted you into the House of Bees, too. Good call! Can't wait to read more posts this week!